Fundraising is difficult enough. What if you didn’t have to go at it alone?
And what if you could have thoughtful mentorship, immersive support, tangible guidance and an accountability partner as you forge through your specific fundraising challenges?
That’s where personalized coaching comes in. No matter where you are in the fervent – and seemingly never-ending – process of fundraising, there’s nothing quite like dedicated, 1:1 attention and expertise of someone who’s been there.
✔ It is a sounding board that you can trust and an ally with your best interests and success in mind.
✔ Someone to brainstorm with you on sensitive issues that naturally arise in the day-to-day arena of fundraising for social change.
✔ Perhaps most importantly, it’s a sense of clarity and direction with your fundraising so that you can get back to the mission at hand.
A Single Intensive Session Includes:
One 90-minute coaching session by video call dedicated to tackling a specific area of your fundraising.
A pre-session questionnaire to be completed before our call and a session outline designed to efficiently guide our time together.
A customized action plan with recommendations tailored to carry you forward following our session.
Email and text support for one week following the session.
The Monthly Coaching Package Includes:
Two 1-hour coaching sessions by video call each month to discuss your progress, challenges and action plan for the immediate future.
Ongoing support via email to address any issues that come up in real time and answer any questions you may have in between our sessions.
Comprehensive notes with action items, recommendations and suggestions from our session.
Additional research, resources and tools curated just for you in a shared, downloadable folder.
$800/Month (3 month minimum)
Frequently Asked Questions
What sort of topics can we explore?
The coaching experience is truly customized for whatever you need most in order to feel authentic and empowered to bring in the money for your mission. That said, some common themes that we cover include:
- Cultivating your capacity for leadership, leveraging your strengths, mitigating obstacles and developing a positive mindset that will set the tone for your fundraising success.
- Relationship navigation and creating a high-value donor community with a realistic action plan for approach and engagement.
- Designing sustainable systems and processes that will streamline and optimize your fundraising infrastructure.
- Defining, analyzing and communicating your impact in a language accessible to funders.
- Feedback on appeal campaigns, donor engagement messaging, grant proposals and applications for funding.
Who will be my coach and what's it like to work together?
You’ll be working with me, Kristin Oliver, founder of Open Rivers! Here’s a few things to know about what it’s like for us to work together:
- I care deeply about the organizations and the people that I choose to work with. I believe in their missions and I amplify their successes.
- I only work with people who I respect and whose company I truly enjoy. As such, we’ve been known to have more than a few late night conversations that inevitably possess the sense of solidarity that comes with in-depth, yet safe and authentic dialogue on some tough topics.
- I’m also known to be a little blunt and take a “no-bullshit” approach to fundraising, coaching, and pretty much everything else in life. My clients can always expect integrity, honesty and transparency when working with me.
- In response to some of the common challenges I’ve witnessed in the organizations I’ve worked with over the years, I have a core inquiry: How can we be solutions-oriented, radically optimistic and unwaveringly compassionate? So heads up that when you’re working with me as your coach, I also center your wellbeing and emotional equilibrium in this fundraising process.
I don't have the money for coaching just yet. What's the next best step for me?
If you’re just starting out with $0 in the coffers, head over right now to the appeal challenge. It’s a totally free training that we designed to get your fundraising off the ground and bring in those first few donations.
After that, reach out to us. We actively seek partners who provide support to aligned organizations for leadership development and capacity building, particularly when it comes to fundraising. We might be able to point you in a good direction.
I'm not sure if this is right for me. Is there someone I can talk to?
Sure! Send us a line and we’ll schedule a brief call to address any questions or concerns you may have.